With this template you can prepare the file for covers of your hardcover books.
All distances are in millimeters.
The variables are as follows:
- h – the height of the book body in final size.
- w – the width of the book body in final size.
- m – the width of the spine of the book.
- The red squares mark the spine and the covers of the books.
- The design must be placed inside them, respective for the first and the last cover and the spine.
- The green lines mark the bleed for the hem.
- The hem will not be entirely visible, do not plase important design elements in it.
- Select the file appropriate for the application you are using.
- In case you use Adobe Indesign, choose INX for versions up to CS4, or IDML for versions higher than CS4.
- The templates for QuarkXpress are compatible with version 6 and higher.
- The templates for CorelDraw are compatible with version 9 and higher.
- In case you use EPS or CDR template, you need to define the bleed when saving the PDF file for print.
- If the products are double-sided, or you want to make more than one in one file, just copy the page.
- You don’t have to remove the DIE separation on turn off the layer.